FAA 107 is the drone license needed for commercial drone pilots to fly legally. UAV Drone Pilot Ground School has helped over 20,000 drone pilots pass the FAA Part 107 Aeronautical Knowledge Test, and over 99% of their students pass the test on the first try. With that being said WISPr Systems is proud to announce we are now partnered with UAV Drone Pilot Ground School and are excited to offer their online classes through our channels.
- Everything you need to pass the test. Our course covers all 120+ knowledge concepts across 65+ video-based lectures that the FAA requires drone pilots to learn in the UAS Airman Certification Standards
- Bonus lessons with practical flight knowledge. Our flight proficiency lesson demonstrates flight sequences for the beginning sUAS operator. You also get a pre-flight checklist and guides on how to conduct airspace research and how to apply for airspace authorization and waivers.
- Plus, bonus lessons on business operations. Learn from a drone lawyer and other industry professionals about how they approach important legal, marketing, insurance and business considerations.
- 350+ practice questions and answer key. We provide test questions for you to practice on, every step of the way. Take the quiz at the end of each lesson, plus our 5 full-length practice tests.
- 12-page cram sheet. Key takeaways from each of our lessons to help you study more effectively.
- 1:1 customer support. Get support from our Student Support Manager via phone and email when you have questions or experience issues.
- Learning / Help Center. We’ve rounded up the top questions from past students along with our answers and organized them in a searchable database. This is an additional study resource for you.
Inside a Typical Lecture
People learn and absorb information differently. That’s why most of our lectures allow you to:
- Watch or listen to the video. Each lecture begins with a dynamic, instructor-led video with illustrations.
- Read the lesson. If you prefer to read, below each video is a detailed text lecture that includes the full video transcript plus additional information and resources.
- Quiz yourself. At the end of each lecture, take a quiz that immediately tests your understanding of the content.
- If you prefer, work offline and take notes. Use our downloadable, printable PDFs to read offline or print out, highlight and mark up as you wish.
- Access 24/7 at home, work or on the go. View the course materials on your desktop, tablet and phone.
Welcome to Drone Pilot Ground School
- 5 Quick-Start Tips for New Students
- Download Your Test Supplement
- Meet Your Instructor and Student Support Manager
- Common Drone Industry Terms (Glossary)
- Need Help? Contact Us.
Drone Rules and FAA Regulations
- The Basics of Part 107 Regulations
- Crew Member Definitions
- Registering Your Drone
- Reporting an Accident or In-Flight Emergency
- Operating Limitations: Height, Speed, Minimum Visibility and Cloud Clearance
- FAA Compliance: Flight Logging, Inspections and Required Documents
- Flying From a Moving Vehicle
- Flying at Night
- Flying Over People and Moving Vehicles
- Flying Visual Line-of-Sight
- Alcohol, Drugs and Physiology
- Airspace Authorization and Waivers
National Airspace System (NAS)
- Class B Airspace
- Class C Airspace
- Class D Airspace
- Class E Airspace
- Class G Airspace
- Special Use Airspace
- Military Training Routes (MTRs)
- TFRs and NOTAMs
Reading Sectional Charts
- What’s a Sectional Chart?
- Latitude and Longitude
- VFR Checkpoints
- Notification Boxes
- MSL vs. AGL
- Airports and Radio Frequencies
- Isogonic Lines
- Maximum Elevation Figures
- Victor Airways
- Advanced Sectional Chart Interpretation
- Reading a Chart Supplement
- Runways and Traffic Patterns
- Right of Way
- Towered vs. Untowered Airports
Weather and Micrometeorology
- Standard Conditions and Density Altitude
- Wind and Currents
- Moisture, Fog and Frost
- Reading a METAR Report
- Reading a TAF Report
- Operating in Extreme Weather
- Clouds, Ceilings and Visibility
- Stable vs. Unstable Air (Understanding Air Masses)
Drone Flight Operations
- Hazardous Flight Operations
- Emergency Operations
- Lost Link Procedures
- LiPo Batteries
- Aeronautical Decision-Making (ADM)
- Crew Resource Management (CRM)
- PAVE, IMSAFE & DECIDE Models
- 5 Hazardous Attitudes
- Radio Communications
- UAS Loading and Performance
- UAS Maintenance and Inspection
- Pre-Flight Checklist
Practice Tests, Cram Sheet & FAA Exam
- 5 Full-Length Practice Tests
- Cram Sheet // Am I Ready to Take the Test?
- Finding Your Test Center
- Test Day Checklist
- Using IACRA to Apply for Your Remote Pilot Certificate
- Flight Proficiency Challenge // Course Diploma
- Recurrent Knowledge Test Prep
- Flight Simulator and Basic Proficiency Training
- How to Conduct Airspace Research
- [Guide] Airspace Authorization and Waivers
- [Guide] Drone Liability and Hull Insurance
- [Guide] Pricing Your Drone Services
- [Interview] Using Drones to do Real Estate / Property Marketing
- [Interview] Ask a Drone Lawyer: Key Legal Considerations for Starting a Drone Business